Yesterday we learned that Apple is ready to release iOS 8.4 Golden Master version. Of course, that only hints that the public release isn’t far from here. As previously expected, hackers were only waiting for Apple to release iOS 8.4 (which is the last update before the Cupertino tech giant released iOS 9) before they could release a jailbreak solution.
– Hot: Updated list of compatible iOS 8.3 jailbreak settings – TaiG 2.1 list also added
With the release of iOS 8.4 almost upon us, the TaiG team announced TaiG 2.0 today – a jailbreak tool iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3. Here are the devices supported by this jailbreak solution followed by fixes for some errors that users face when trying to jailbreak their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch:
Devices supported by TaiG 2.0:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
Quick fix for “Apple driver not found” error:
TaiG has finally released the iOS 8.3 jailbreak tool for Windows to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3. If you have tried to jailbreak your device with TaiG iOS 8.3 jailbreak and get an error, here is a quick fix.
Many users have reported receiving “Apple driver not found, please download and install iTunes” errors while jailbreaking their iOS device. According to sources, this problem seems to affect Windows PCs with older and lower end video cards. However, don’t worry because here is a quick way to fix Apple drive not found error.
– Fixed the error “The Apple driver was not found” on TaiG:
- Download iTunes 12.1.2 from here.
- Double click on the exe file.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install iTunes. Don’t worry, your iTunes library will not be affected.
After installing this 64 bit iTunes 12.1.12 for Windows, then you can follow our guide to jailbreak iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3 using TaiG tool for Windows.
– Correction of the error “stuck at 20%” or 1101:
By uninstalling the latest version of iTunes and reinstalling an older version of iTunes, you can resolve a number of other TaiG 2.0 errors. Many have reported being stuck at 20% or 30% during the jailbreak process. You can also fix this problem by installing the old iTunes.
[Update]: Some users found that iTunes 12.0.1 worked for them instead of 12.1.0. Here are the links:
– Fixed error 1102:
If you get the 1102 error, you should try to limit your device’s connectivity by enabling Airplane Mode and disabling Passcode and Touch ID:
- Settings > Touch ID and access code.
– TaiG error 1103:
For error 1103, your download file may be corrupted. Correct this problem by downloading TaiG again from here.
– Fixed error 1104:
If you have successfully stalled your jailbreak process between 30-40%, you are experiencing error 1104. Unfortunately, you may need to switch to another Windows PC for this issue to be resolved. You can also try switching to another USB port.
– TaiG 1105 (stuck at 50%):
If it is stuck at 50%, for error 1105, check if Find my iphone is disabled:
- Settings > iCloud > Find my iphone
Also check if an antivirus or firewall program is activated. Disable such programs and jailbreak again. Once you’ve jailbroken your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you can turn them back on.
– Error 1106 (stuck at 60%):
If your device is stuck at 60%, you will need to perform a few steps.
- Start by restarting your device and your PC at the same time.
- Then, launch TaiG in administrator mode: right click on the TaiG .exe file and click on Execute as administrator.
- Jailbreak again and it should work now.
– Error installing iTunes 12.0.1 in the VM:
Some users reported errors when trying to install iTunes through a virtual machine (necessary step if you don’t have a Windows system).
Try to reinstall Parallels to resolve this issue and reinstall iTunes 12.0.1.
– “Storage almost full” error:
If you find that your device is reporting that the storage is almost full after jailbreaking, just run Cydia and wait for it to finish installing. This will solve the problem.
Here is a quick list to help you try and fix different TaiG v2 issues with some simple checks.
- Turn Wi-Fi off and off.
- Try to restart your iOS device.
- Restart your Windows.
- Jailbreak in Airplane mode.
If the issues persist, the only option left is to restore your device to iOS 8.3 and try again. Let us know how it goes in the comments section. Please remember to share with us your own fixes for these or other TaiG errors.